In celebration of a new year (and new beginning), I thought I'd share the following few lovely tidbits I've discovered recently. Hope they brighten your life as much as they have mine.
1) If you want to go shopping for some new stuff, but you can't because you're broke, go root around in your closets, cabinets and attics through the boxes and bags of crap you forgot you had in the first place. Chances are you'll find some great stuff.
2) Hotel shampoo makes great (and cheap) bubble bath.
3) The smell of lavender will make you happy.
4) Just because you disagree with someone's political/personal/religious/whatever beliefs, doesn't mean you can't be very good friends with that person.
5) When people make harsh judgments about other peoples' relationships, it usually means they have a history of bad ones.
6) What happened back in high school doesn't matter anymore. Except, of course, when you rekindle a beloved old friendship.
7) Sometimes crying can be a good thing.
8) Never underestimate the power of tea.
9) No one can judge you until they've walked two hundred miles in your shoes (and gone through labor, too).
10) Silence is indeed golden.
11) Most stuff that is labeled "As Seen On TV" sucks.
12) It's never too late to make things right.
13) Sometimes you just gotta spend a day in the house doing nothing but watching bad Japanime cartoons.
14) You're never too old to enjoy a good comic book.
15) If it sounds too good to be true, you should probably quit drinking and go to bed.
16) No matter how old you get, you'll never be as old as Dick Clark.
17) Nothing is quite as magical as the smell of gingersnaps baking during a snowstorm.
18) Snow angels are the best angels.
19) There's always someone worse off than you. Just look at Lindsay Lohan.
20) Remember that cute boy you had a huge crush on in junior high who wouldn't give you the time of day and called you mean names? Well, now he weighs 300 pounds and is unemployed and miserable. Karma, baby.